Genesys System 55X
System Fifty Five X
High-performance, two-axis autopilot for reducing pilot workload in IMC through all modes of flight
The System FiftyFiveX is a two-axis roll and pitch autopilot which includes heading mode, VOR/LOC/LOC back course intercept and tracking, a gain enhancement feature for tracking GPS Navigation analog left/right deviation signals, glide slope (GS) capture and track, vertical speed command for climb and descent control, altitude hold, pitch trim indicator, control wheel steering (CWS) and VOR/LOC/GS off course deviation warning.
Also includes a GPSS roll steering feature for use with GPS receivers that have compatible digital roll steering outputs. Options include S-TEC Autotrim, ST-645 Remote Annunciator, and ST-360 or SA-200 Altitude Selector / Alerter. Autotrim is not available on some aircraft models; check STC list for approvals.
The FiftyFiveX is also compatible with various heading systems, HSIs, and flight directors. The programmer computer is an integrated design into the aircraft radio stack and comes with an LCD display for greater contrast and improved readability. The System FiftyFiveX requires a compatible heading system.
High Performance: Fully IFR-capable, with nav and glide slope intercepts that make it ideal for approaches.
GPS Roll Steering: Extremely accurate, hands-off GPS navigation.
Control Wheel Steering: Hand-fly aircraft and then let the autopilot take over to hold the existing turn rate and vertical speed.
Hundreds of STC’s: From light singles through piston twins.
- HDG (heading) mode & heading preselect and hold.* When HDG & NAV are activated simultaneously, enables dual mode Intercept. Autopilot operates in heading mode to automatically intercept and track selected course or localizer; at which point HDG extinguishes.
- Control wheel steering (CWS). Allows you to hand-fly the aircraft and then let the autopilot take over to hold the existing turn rate and vertical speed.
- NAV mode (coupled navigation). Automatically intercepts and tracks enroute NAV signals (VOR/GPS), or LOC (REV for backcourse). 3-level gain selection for NAV mode is automatic. When APR is lit (simultaneous with NAV), indicates high gain localizer mode for high sensitivity coupled approach. Flashing NAV or REV annunciates course deviation by a needle deflection of 50% or more. Selecting APR increases gain sensitivity for VOR or GPS approaches.
- GPSS (GPS Steering). Integrates A/P with GPS Navigator function, which outputs roll steering commands. GPSS does not follow a CDI needle movement; it acts on direct roll steering commands from the Navigator for extremely accurate, hands-off GPS navigation. See separate GPSS data sheet for details.
- TRIM and up/down arrows. Annunciate motion of auto trim or manual electric trim, if equipped; if not equipped, annunciates out-of-pitch-trim condition.
- Pitch Modes. VS, indicating vertical speed control has been selected; ALT indicating altitude hold is engaged, capturing existing altitude when activated; and GS, indicating glide slope coupling is armed and/or active. In altitude hold mode, altitude can be adjusted (trimmed) in 20’ increments using VS knob.
- Mode selector buttons. HDG (heading hold and heading pre-select*), NAV (tracking VOR route or select twice for GPSS), APR (higher gain for LOC/VOR and GPS approaches), REV (LOC backcourse), ALT (altitude hold) and VS (vertical speed command).
- VS knob. Dials digital vertical speed in 100’ increments.
Features and functions
- Case contained, radio stack mount
- GPSS (GPS Roll Steering)
- Heading preselect & hold*
- Altitude hold with optional altitude trim
- Course intercept capability
- NAV mode
- Dual mode-HDG/NAV & HDG/APR
- VOR/LOC/GS/REV/GPS coupling with 3 gain levels
- Selectable coupling gains
- VOR/LOC/GS/REV/GPS course deviation and NAV flag warning
- Digital vertical speed command
- Pitch trim annunciation
- Control wheel steering
- DG/HSI compatible
- Single cue flight director interface compatible
- SA-200 Altitude Selector w/encoding altimeter
- ST-360 Altitude Selector/Alerter
- Remote annunciator
- Automatic or manual electric trim (where STC’d)
- Yaw Damper (where STC’d)
* Operational if heading system (e.g., DG with heading bug) is installed and active