Garmin G1000 NXi
Garmin G1000 NXi Upgrade for Textron Aviation Piston Aircraft
Garmin is pleased to announce that the G1000 NXi integrated flight deck, successor to the ever-popular G1000® flight deck, is coming soon to the Garmin dealer network as a retrofit for WAAS-capable G1000 equipped 172 R/S,(T) 182T, (T) 206H, G36 and G58 aircraft. Boasting a modernized flight display design with significant performance enhancements, G1000 NXi incorporates innovative capabilities into a state-of-the-art avionics platform. G1000 NXi provides features such as map overlay within the HSI, wireless cockpit connectivity — including wireless database updates using Flight Stream — and more.
G1000 NXi on the Surface — Physical Enhancements and Display Advancements
The G1000 NXi system incorporates modern processing power that supports faster map rendering and smoother panning throughout the displays. Saving valuable time in the cockpit, the displays initialize within seconds after startup, providing immediate access to frequencies, flight plan data and more. The G1000 NXi system also incorporates contemporary animations, modernized design for improved readability and new LED backlighting, offering increased display brightness and clarity, reduced power consumption and improved dimming performance.
G1000 NXi for the Next Generation
Connext® wireless cockpit connectivity unlocks more capabilities from within the G1000 NXi integrated flight deck. Available as a standard feature with the G1000 NXi upgrade, Flight Stream 510 enables Database Concierge, the wireless transfer of aviation databases from the Garmin Pilot™ app on a mobile device to the G1000 NXi system. Flight Stream 510 also supports two-way flight plan transfer, the sharing of traffic, weather, GPS information, backup attitude information and more between G1000 NXi and compatible mobile devices running Garmin Pilot, FltPlan Go or ForeFlight Mobile. The D2™ Delta aviator watch can also sync with the Garmin Pilot app to ensure flight plan data matches throughout the cockpit.
The G1000 NXi integrated flight deck also supports the following additional features:
- Comm frequency identification displays the station ID as well as frequency type.
- Display of sectional charts as well as IFR low/high en route charts on the MFD.
- NEXRAD weather radar imagery can be overlaid on the moving map and animated on the MFD as well as overlaid on the HSI map.
- Vertical Situation Display (VSD) incorporates terrain profile view on the MFD, taking into consideration the active flight plan, altitude constraints, and winds aloft.
- Preview departure and arrival procedures on the MFD prior to loading and activating the procedures.
- Optionally overlay European Visual Reporting Points (VRPs) on the moving map; VRPs are standard withing the navigation database.
- Three-color terrain shading incorporates green, yellow and red contouring, which depicts that the aircraft is 2,000 feet, 1,000 feet and 100 feet, Above Ground Level (AGL), repsectively.
- Aircraft maintenance personnel experience faster system software upgrades and streamlined equipment replacement.